The moment I step out of home, I’m cheerful, espousing enthusiasm and all those positive things. However, it wasn’t like that 30 minutes ago.
Usually, the day breaks pretty normal with cosmic energy being diffused from nature to the body. And then, within an hour of catching up on e-mail, skype and reflecting on the past days events around people, product and customers, it starts getting mellow. Inching, as the breakfast comes to the table, the mood has already nose-dived. It happens a good 50% of the days in a year! The dark side of running a startup, we don’t talk publicly–uncelebrated and gory.
Then the play button brings the mojo back!
I fire up one of the 50-60 action movies on the media player while eating breakfast. Bodhi, Bond, Beatrix / Bride, Bruce, Bourne, etc. maiming, killing, chasing, speed-racing and drawing blood in full 5.1 pumps up the testosterone and kicks the day to a cheerful start.
Here are some of the movies in no particular order. Most of them never get watched completely. They are left at a mark and get picked up again in future on some random day.
- Bourne Trilogy
- T1 & T2
- Star Wars (Some scenes are amazing in 5.1)
- Matrix (and Reloaded, Reloaded’s car chase is amazing!)
- Fight Club (I still watch it, comparably less action, though)
- Die Hard (All four of them)
- Lethal Weapon (1, 2 and 3)
- MI (1 & 2)
- Danny Craig as James Bond (Casino Royale, Quantum of Solace)
- Arnold (Commando, True Lies)
- Kill Bill (yeah Beatrix baby!)
- John Rambo (They are all good)
- Iron Man
- Under Siege
- Bruce Lee (Dragon, Game of Death)
- Indiana Jones (original Trilogy)
- The Mummy (1 & 2) — Thrillers based on archaeology / ancient era are fab!
- Con Air
- … and more!
Agent Smith in Matrix Reloaded:
FUCK, JUST SHOOT THAT FUCKER AND DRIVE HOT POCKETS DOWN THE ROAD, DAMNIT, IT’S PARTY TIME
Enjoy a clip from the car chase from Matrix Reloaded (I remember the days when it was being shot 30 miles from where I lived).